Whether you’ve always been conscious about having a regular workout routine, or you’ve always been a world class lounger, as soon as you hit your 30s, your body begins to retain more fat than it used to. And it’s not like you can cut down on the amount of food you eat, because your body still needs as much, if not more nutrients if it is to keep your immune system healthy (it’s easier to get sick, the farther you move from your 20s). This is where meal replacement shakes for women come in.
Meal replacements, like GNC total lean shake, are designed to provide you with, perhaps, a meal’s equivalent of your recommended daily allowance, but with a significantly lower calorie intake. The idea behind this GNC product is to help you build up your muscle mass, by ensuring your bodies filled with muscle food – protein. Let’s take a more in depth look at what.
Key Ingredients in GNC Total Lean Shake
Note that it comes in a wide variety of flavours, like cookies and cream, Swiss chocolate, Vanilla bean and so on, all of which are meant to cater to different clients. Because of the diverse flavours, some of the ingredients may differ, though not by much. Here are a few of the ingredients you can expect to stay constant:
- 21 Vitamins & Minerals – to keep your diet healthy and balanced, meal replacement shakes for women, like this lean shake, contain a certain percentage of your RDA on the core vitamins and minerals your body needs. This includes Vitamin E, which reduces your risk of neurological diseases like Alzheimer’s and dementia, Thiamine and niacin which help with the control of your blood sugar level, Vitamin B6 which helps with your sight and cardiovascular system, B12 and Zinc which help your immune system stay strong. Magnesium, potassium, riboflavin and many others, just check the nutritional information and you’ll see all it contains.
- Protein – Gnc total lean shake contains high quality protein extracted during milk and cheese production – whey protein. Whey is considered the crème de la crème of protein for two reasons. First, it doesn’t contain the cholesterol you’d find from other protein sources, and second, it’s works extremely fast in muscle building and tissue repairs.
- Fiber – this shake contains a number of soluble fibers, which have been known to have hunger reduction properties. Each serving should provide you with 5 grams of fiber (about one fifth of your recommended daily allowance for fiber).
A 27 oz pack of this has about 16 servings, and it is assumed that one serving contains 2 scoops (so 32 scoops per pack). Each 2 scoops is estimated to contain 180 calories, here’s a further breakdown;
– Artificial sugars: 4 grams
– Soluble fibers: 5 grams
– Cholesterol: 5 grams (about 2% of your daily intake)
– Protein: 9 grams
– 2 grams of fat
Note that one of the controversies with GNC shakes is that its use of 4 grams of artificial sugars in just one serving. This seems counterintuitive to the whole weight loss purpose.
How Long Until You See Results?
First off, remember that this shake is something you drink along with other foods. So your weight loss could be very dependent on other factors aside from the GNC shake. If you observe a healthy diet and exercise regimen, then you could see changes to your body in as little as six weeks, from the day you start taking it.
However, note that your body’s response to it also matters. Some people notice results immediately, while others take a bit more time, it usually takes some patience. If after three months you haven’t seen any benefit, and you’ve adapted healthy habits, then perhaps gnc total lean shake just isn’t compatible with your body.
If you have any medical complications, or you’re currently on prescription drugs, you’ll need to consult your doctor before taking this. Furthermore, pregnant and nursing mothers are not meant to this, or any other weight loss shakes for women as there are no conclusive studies on the potential effects on babies- Better safe than sorry.
Lastly, if you’re about to go into surgery, please discontinue at least three weeks before the scheduled date. If you’re committed to taking your gnc shake, you’re advised to take it in cycles with small breaks in between. So, if you’ve been taking it nonstop for three months, you might want to take a rest, perhaps for a month, before picking it up again.
As long as you practice healthy eating habits plus incorporate constant exercises, you’ll become one amongst many attesting to the awesome benefits of this GNC shake. Moreover, the dirt cheap price tag, and smooth consistency, when mixed with water, makes this a great pick over many other meal replacement shakes.