Payment online typically means carrying out a money related transaction using the internet or its resources like a App to recharge a mobile connection, a Direct to Home connection or internet data cards as well as make payments against bills which could include utility bills like mobile phone, landline phone, electricity, gas connection, water bills as well as making payments against a purchase from an online ecommerce site of a product or service.
All subscribers of Vodafone telecom operator in India are eligible to carry out online payments meant for its prepaid subscriber base Vodafone online recharge is the best way out and for its postpaid subscribers, paying for the payments against the monthly bill through the online portal.
Whether it is Vodafone online recharge or bill payments, the subscribers can do so through:
- The website of Vodafone
- Vodafone App that can be downloaded on a mobile device
- Third party recharge sites like MobiKwik, PhonePe, Patym and other such trusted websites
- App of these third party resellers that is downloadable on the mobile phone
Online payment involves:
- Using computer networks, mobile phone, tablet
- The internet
- Digital stored value systems
The modus operandi of this type of transaction covers the following steps
- Action initiated by the client – the first step for Vodafone online recharge starts at the end of the subscriber. He/she gets online and fills up details pertaining to his mobile number, the circle or his area of residence, the tariff plan and lastly the mode of payments.
- Authentication of payment – when the client mentions his preferred payment method, the Vodafone online recharge site directs the client to an external service website or the bank website or continues on the cellular operator or reseller’s website or App. A payment gateway at the backend through various complex technical processes check for the validity of the payment information provided by the client at the frontend. If everything is validated and correct the process continues further and completes as a success transaction. If not the process reports back failure. Whatever is the status of the process of the Vodafone recharge – success or failure – the client receives an instant notification on his mobile phone and an email on his registered email id.
- Payment credit to the reseller account or Vodafone account – generally it is a third party payment provider who receives the payment from the client’s bank and transfers it to merchant’s account, in this case Vodafone or the third party reseller site.
This entire process of Vodafone recharge is a super fast process where lots and lots of electronic and digital data flow through the entire hardware system within seconds and minutes. The client at the frontend of course does not get to know all this. This payment infrastructure is the core around which the entire online payment system revolves around. And thanks to this multifarious advance technology the Vodafone recharge goes through with no hiccups providing its subscribers access to a strong network.